It’s the future! Check out UFC notables testing out the new UFC on Xbox 360 app option that will be available starting Dec. 20. Originally scheduled to be released in time for UFC 140, Microsoft announced the app would need to be pushed back 10 days.
What can we expect from the Microsoft and Zuffa collaboration? With an Xbox 360 console fans will have the ability to pull up-to-date stats on the fighters during the event, rewind highlights, review promotions such as countdowns leading to the event, and even make predictions with friends. The cost of the event will be $44.99 for an SD broadcast, while HD will go for $54.99.
Here’s the official Microsoft press release:
UFC on Xbox LIVE Kicks off on Dec. 20
UFC on Xbox LIVE is the ultimate fight center for Pay-Per-View events, on-demand content, pre-event videos, fight prediction games, and more
On Dec. 20, Xbox will become the ultimate place to watch live UFC Pay-Per-View events with the launch of UFC® on Xbox LIVE®. With access to live event videos and a catalog of videos on demand, an interactive fight card, a fight prediction game with friend leaderboards, and Pay-Per-View events in stunning HD all together in one place, the energy of the Octagon® comes right into your living room.
UFC on Xbox LIVE provides UFC content available in one comprehensive hub on your TV, including:
· Live and On Demand Video – Event previews, Countdown to UFC, Press Conferences, Weigh-Ins, Interviews, Workouts, and more, together for the first time on your big screen.
· Streaming High Definition –UFC fans demand stunning High Definition viewing, and UFC on Xbox LIVE provides the highest quality streaming HD to the big screen.
· Easy Pay-Per-View –The biggest Pay-Per-View fights available to all Xbox LIVE members in standard HD and SD pricing options. Purchase directly with the credit card associated with your Xbox LIVE account – no Microsoft Points required.
· Interactive Fight Card with Fight Picks – Size up the fighters with the tale of the tape, and view their past fight results. Make your Fight Picks, predict specific fight outcomes, and compete with your friends. And with the live leaderboard and leaderboard alerts tracking the results, you will always know where you stand. Access leaderboards and Fight Picks features in split screen, so you’ll never have to leave the excitement of the Octagon.
· Control the action with Kinect – Focus on the fight instead of looking for the remote. Navigate through the video content, bring up the Interactive Fight Card, or play, pause, and rewind that big punch, kick or submission…all through the body and voice-controlled power of Kinect.