Spike TV’s one-hour segment “UFC Prelim” for last weekend’s UFC 109, broke records when the station raked in 1.7 million viewers. The previous record was for January’s UFC 108 at 1.5 million viewers.
The hour long broadcast showed to prelim-card bouts, which aired before the event’s pay-per-view program. Not only did the amount of viewers break records, but the ratings did as well. The broadcast scored a 1.2 rating for the overall household, a 1.6 rating among men ages 18-49, and a 1.1 among people ages 18-49. Also, among men of 18-49, the broadcast was the 2nd highest cable program of the day, and number one for it’s 9-10 (eastern time) timeslot.
This segment of “UFC Prelim” was the 2nd of ten planned for this year.
The full list of “UFC Prelims” ratings are shown below:
- UFC 109 (February 2010): 1.7 million viewers
- UFC 108 (January 2010): 1.5 million viewers
- UFC 104 (October 2009): 1.4 million viewers
- UFC 103 (September 2009): 1.4 million viewers
- UFC 106 (November 2009): 1.3 million viewers