When not suffering under the crushing heel of USADA oversight, Nick Diaz likes to scrap. But presumably not against women – which is what a girlfriend had him arrested for last month.

Since then, the older Diaz brother has been out on bail, saw a minor victory in court, and spoke to TMZ Sports (as you do) briefly about the charge.

Of course Diaz is going to say he was framed… although it’s worth noting that the judge in the case pointed out the inconsistencies in the accuser’s story.

Here’s TMZ Sports:

Nick Diaz is finally breaking his silence on that domestic violence arrest back in May — telling TMZ Sports, “I was framed.”

The UFC star and his camp had been radio silent about the May 24 incident ever since Nick was arrested for allegedly choking a woman and slamming her to the ground at a Las Vegas home.

He was charged with felony domestic battery by strangulation and faces up to 5 years in prison if convicted.

So, when we saw Nick leaving Tocaya Organica in Los Angeles, we asked if he had a message for his fans. He cracked a smile and said, “I was framed.”

Diaz also talked about his fighting career — telling us he wants to get back in the Octagon next year — with his sights set on fighting Georges St-Pierre.

“I win if he don’t cheat,” Diaz said … “If he don’t miss weight like he did last time.”

Diaz hasn’t fought since 2015 — despite UFC honcho Dana White offering him several fights over the past 3 years.