Let’s talk brass talks, here. Carlos Condit soundly Thiago Alves at UFC Fight Night 67 on Saturday, marking a successful – and thrilling – return to action after taking over a year off due to injury. But realistically, what’s next for “The Natural Born Killer”? Does beating Alves – who has some serious mileage on him – truly merit Condit getting a title shot? Or should he be the guy who headlines Fight Night cards, ratcheting up their value by his presence and the promise of violence he brings?
Man, I don’t have any answers to those questions. But I do know who I’d like to see Condit fight next. And here they are!
- Matt Brown – Brown didn’t do too well when he went up against Johny Hendricks, but that does little to diminish the fact that when it comes to throwing down, Brown is king. A pairing between him and Condit would involve very little man-huggery, a ton of elbows, and enough blood to get the sport banned in half a dozen states.
- Robbie Lawler – No, I don’t think Condit is worthy of a title shot just because he beat Alves. But I do think that putting Lawler and Condit together in the cage and shutting the door is a recipe for action. Why not let them scrap?
- Dong Hyun Kim – Sure, Condit iced him when they fought back in 2011, but Kim is a much better fighter now. This one would make an otherwise forgettable Fight Pass card into must-see TV.
- Tyron Woodley – I’d like to think the knee injury Condit sustained in their fight was a freak accident, so with that in mind, let’s see them finish what they started.
- Donald Cerrone – Just because.