Stefan Struve continues to say that fans will get to see the towering heavyweight throw down in the Octagon once again, despite the fact the UFC heavyweight has been diagnosed with a serious heart condition.
Not long after Struves’camp announced the 7’0 tall fighter had been diagnosed with a leaking aortic valve and enlarged heart, the Dutch fighter relayed that his doctor’s were treating him with medication, and that they planned to reassess his condition in a couple of months. Struve also told “The MMA Hour” that there are “a couple of options” in terms of treatment, and pointed to kickboxer Mark Miller as a fighter who has come back from similar circumstances.
Due to the severity of the condition, however, Dana White recently told a Washington radio station that although Struve is “tough as nails”, and they’re going to do everything they can to get him back competing, he doesn’t believe the heavyweight will fight again.
Well, Struve took to Twitter today and has posted the following comment:
I DON'T consider retirement as an option, it's possible 2 come back from this & I'm gonna go for that & make it work! Just so you know
— Stefan Struve (@StefanStruve) September 5, 2013
It’s good to see “The Skyscraper” continues to be in good spirits, and obviously everyone in the MMA world hopes to see the well rounded fighter back in the cage as soon as possible.
Stay tuned to Caged Insider.com for more on this story and all your UFC news.