Rob Broughton and Matt Mitrione were supposed to fight at UFC on Fox 4, but it looks like that bout is being taken off the card. Both were coming off losses and looking to get back in the win column. Unfortunately, an undisclosed personal problems in Broughton’s life has held him from being able to compete at the event.
Rob came into the UFC and beat Vinicius Queiroz by submission, and Queiroz later tested positive for banned substances and was rightfully dropped from the promotion. His next two fights did not go to plan as he lost decisions to Travis Browne and Phil De Fries. Mitrione, on the other hand, has not fought since last October when he lost a decision to Cheick Kongo. That broke a 5-0 record which included four stoppages.
With little time left till UFC on Fox 4, there is still the likely hood that a rumored bout between Ulysses Gomez vs. John Morga will take place. The card is headlined by Brandon Vera and Shogun Rua and will take place on August 4th. It will be held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. This is also set to be the 4th card to air on the FOX channel.
Here is the new line-up as of now.
MAIN CARD (FOX)
- Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Brandon Vera
- Ryan Bader vs. Lyoto Machida
- Travis Browne vs. Ben Rothwell
- Joe Lauzon vs. Jamie Varner
PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV)
- Cole Miller vs. Nam Phan
- Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado
- DaMarques Johnson vs. Mike Swick
- Josh Grispi vs. Rani Yahya
- Phil De Fries vs. Oli Thompson
- Manny Gamburyan vs. Michihiro Omigawa
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Ulysses Gomez vs. John Moraga