As if the May 1st UFC 113 event at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada card was not stacked enough with the headliners Lyoto Machida and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua rematch.
It has been verbally agreed by both parties that the street fighter turned MMA, Kevin “Kimbo” Ferguson, will take on the ex professional football player Matt Mitrione. Kimbo and Mitrione were both cast members of The Ultimate Fighter season 10 in which Mitrione was known as the black sheep of the crew. Though both men were defeated in the TUF tournaments, they both were successful in their first official UFC bout at the TUF season 10 finale. Mitrione defeating the impressive ex professional football player Marcus Jones, and Kimbo gave a lackluster performance over a gassed Houston Alexander.
The stacked UFC 113 card is rumored to be like this:
- Champ Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (for light heavyweight title)*
- Paul Daley vs. Josh Koscheck*
- Marcus Davis vs. Jonathan Goulet*
- Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson vs. Matt Mitrione*
- Alan Belcher vs. Patrick Cote*
- Jeremy Stephens vs. Sam Stout*
- T.J. Grant vs. Johny Hendricks*