twitter google

Report: Anderson Silva injures knee, Silva says rematch still happening

The cards some how continue to fall into the “Oregon Gangster’s” lap. First we heard the ‘rematch of the century’ between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen would be moved from Silva’s home country of Brazil, into Sonnen’s home court advantage – due to a conflicting U.N. meeting. Then Sonnen had been approved by the NSAC for testosterone replacement therapy in which he was suspended for in their first bout. Now, just as in their first bout, Silva is being cited with an injury (via Globo), but still plans to compete.

This time around, the word is Silva is walking around on a bum knee, which if true, would further increase Sonnen’s chances of the takedown. In the first match between the two, Silva was said to have a severely bruised rib in which he said was broken in the first round. Either way, Silva responded through his official twitter that he will compete, come July 7.

Gennnteeee my knee is doing very well thank you! , Stay calm day on July 7 will be doing my trabalho.osss

The news of Silva dropping out of the rematch would have been another big blow to the card, as the co-headlining title fight had to recently be changed into a an interim fight due to champ, Dominick Cruz suffering a torn ACL, removing him eight months from the sport. In the meanwhile, Urijah Faber will fight Renan Barao for the bantamweight interim title in the co-main at UFC 148.

Share This on Facebook

Follow Caged Insider