He may not have fulfilled Dana White’s prophecy of the being the next Anderson Silva, but TUF 8 finalist Phillipe Nover has been steadily amassing wins in the regional circuit since his departure from the UFC, and will now be returning when the organization touches down in the Philippines for the first time. Here are all the facts you need to know about Nover and the UFC event he’ll be fighting at:
- UFC Fight Night 65: Edgar vs. Faber will take place on May 16 in the Philippines. Frankie Edgar and Urijah Faber are headlining.
- Nover is Filipino-American, and eats nasty things like balut.
- Edgar and Nover wrestled each other last year at Grapple at the Garden, an amateur wrestling meet at Madison Square Garden. Since the former UFC lightweight champ has an extensive wrestling background, and Nover started wrestling only in the last few years, you can probably guess who won that match.
- Nover went 0-3 in the UFC, but has subsequently been rounding out his game and sharpening his skills in Bellator and Ring of Combat.
- Besides being a fighter, Nover is also a nurse. That means he does gnarly things like this: