Strikeforce who? Yet another former Strikeforce member makes the transition to the UFC, as Robbie Lawler is confirmed as Josh Koscheck’s opponent for UFC 157 in Anaheim, CA. The former middleweight has decided to drop down in weight for his UFC return.
Lawler (19-9-1), originally fought in the UFC back in 2005 before being cut, following a loss to Nick Diaz and the late Evan Tanner. Becoming a mainstay in Strikeforce, Lawler was unable to string together consistent wins, but was always a fan favorite with his entertaining brawls.
Josh Koschek (17-6) has been voicing his desire to get back in the cage since May, as he lost a controversial split decision against Johny Hendricks. Prior to that Koscheck has five wins outside his second loss to champ Georges St-Pierre.
The Southern California card is set to headline the first female fight in the UFC as champ Ronda Rousey looks to defend against the first openly gay fighter in the UFC, Liz Carmouche. Also, co-headlining the card is a likely contenders match between Lyoto Machida and Dan Henderson.
Current line-up for UFC 157:
- Ronda Rousey vs. Liz Carmouche – for women’s bantamweight title
- Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida
- Urijah Faber vs. Ivan Menjivar
- Lavar Johnson vs. Brendan Schaub
- Josh Koscheck vs. Robbie Lawler
- Neil Magny vs. Jon Manley*
- Court McGee vs. Josh Neer*
- Mike Chiesa vs. Anton Kuivanen