twitter google

Josh Koscheck says he’s just accepted a bout against BJ Penn

Has the UFC lured the Hawaiian prodigy back into the octagon? According to Josh Koscheck, the UFC has offered him the former lightweight, and welterweight champ, BJ Penn. Without any hesitation, Koscheck has said via twitter that he has accepted the bout and is just waiting on Penn to verify.

#UFC just offered me to fight BJ Penn…I said YES!!!!! Just waiting on him!!!!!! Let’s scrap bra?

Coming off a controversial decision loss to Johnny Hendricks at the recent UFC on Fox 3: Diaz vs. Miller card on May 5, Koscheck will be looking for redemption in the division against one of the top names in the sport. Originally Koscheck had claimed an imminent jump to middleweight, following his second loss to welterweight champ, Georges St-Pierre. With the likely hood of a Penn match-up, it doesn’t look like the trash talking AKA fallout is changing weight anytime soon.

It was a bad day for BJ Penn fans on Oct. 29, 2011. We witnessed BJ Penn fall to Nick Diaz via unanimous decision at UFC 137. Since then, Penn has been staying clear of the octagon, maintaining retirement status. Shortly after the loss, it was reported and later verified by Dana White that he was offered a title fight against lightweight champ, Gilbert Melendez. Unfortunately, Penn shared no interest in moving to the Strikeforce promotions.

Share This on Facebook

Follow Caged Insider