It was reported yesterday that 41-year-old James Toney has signed a multi-fight agreement with the UFC. The report was first issued by Five Ounces of Pain on Tuesday, and MMA Fighting’s Mike Chiapetta has since confirmed the contract after talking to Dana White.
Boxing champ James Toney, who holds the current NABO and IBA heavyweight titles, recently talked to White about joining the organization after UFC 108. Toney then blasted White for the “laughable” fight White offered him.
Since that incident, Toney has had no problem egging White on to give him a contract.
“Dana White is a straight up ho!” Toney told Fight Hype earlier this past week. “He makes me a five-fight offer for chump change and said I can’t box anymore if I accept it. He must have lost his damn mind.”
But things seem to be looking up for James Toney, and “The Ultimate Fighter 10” winner Roy “Big Country” Nelson had some encouraging words for him.
“I think a lot of people would pay to see that,” Nelson stated, referring to Toney entering the Octagon.
There is presently no known date when Toney will make his debut into the UFC, but keep checking back for more news.