Dana White Says Nick Diaz Hasn’t Received Offer

nick diaz

If you’ve been busy contemplating who Nick Diaz may fight next, after reports surfaced earlier that he’s been tabled a bout offer, you might want to push on the brakes a wee bit. According to UFC boss man Dana White, the intriguing and accomplished fighter hasn’t receive any offer for his next fight.

According to a recent report from BJ Penn.com, Diaz’s longtime trainer Cesar Gracie, relayed on the site’s radio show that the fighter has received an offer. Gracie noted that no decision had been made, but that the fight offer was “neat.”

In a follow up report from MMA Fighting.com, however, White denied that the 29 year-old vet has been sent an offer, by texting: “Nobody at the UFC talked to Gracie or anyone else that reps Nick.” The same report says Gracie texted the outlet “Can’t tell you”, when asked who the proposed opponent was.

The good news is that it does seem clear that Diaz wants to fight again, just four months after he said his fighting days were probably over, following his loss to Georges St. Pierre at UFC 158. More recently, Diaz has let it be known via Instagram that he’s interested in fighting again, and White has confirmed the fighter has relayed that to him as well.

Now it just remains to be seen when it will take place and who it will be against.

(Update: Gracie tweeted late Thursday afternoon: “Misquoted on @bjpenndotcom. No new contract or new bout agreement”)

Stay tuned to Caged Insider.com for more on this story and all your UFC news as it develops.

Follow Caged Insider