Anthony Johnson is embracing his second chance with the UFC. So much so that he’s willing to fight anybody.
Johnson earned his second straight win since earning his way back to the promotion Saturday, stopping Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in just 44 seconds at UFC on FOX 12.
After defeating Phil Davis earlier this year, “Rumble” is now the proud holder of a eight-fight win streak dating back to his first run with the UFC – as a welterweight.
“I just have to keep believing in myself, first and foremost,” said Johnson, on the FOX Sports 1 post-fight show. “Stay dedicated to my gym, my team and work hard.”
Johnson (18-4) was released in 2012 after losing to Vitor Belfort and coming in well over the middleweight limit set for the fight. He moved on to Titan FC before signing with the World Series of Fighting and defeating Andrei Arlovski and Mike Kyle.
That provided him with another shot in the big time, and he’s stepped up. With the title currently set to be defended by Jon Jones against Daniel Cormier in September, and Alexander Gustafsson likely waiting in the wings for the winner, Johnson made sure to throw his name in the hat for any fight out there.
“I have no idea who might be next,” he said. “I am trying to go after everybody.”
When asked about a potential bout with the winner of an upcoming main event between Ryan Bader and Ovince St. Preux, Johnson answered “I would definitely take on either one of those guys. Or if one gets hurt, I would definitely step in.”