Looking out for some kickboxing action?
You’re in luck, fight fans. GLORY 22 is on the way today from Lille, France. Here’s how to watch — and, why you should:
- The event features the kickboxing promotion’s heavyweight champion back in action — as Rico Verhoeven, the “Prince of Kickboxing,” defends his title against Benjamin Adegbuyi. They’re ranked #1 & #2 by GLORY at heavyweight.
- Holland’s Verhoeven is the consensus #1 heavyweight in the kickboxing world, while Romania’s Adegbuyi is ranked a more than respectable #6 at heavyweight by Dave Walsh of Liverkick.com. Do you see the #1 heavyweight MMA fighter or boxer in the world appearing on your TV this weekend? On Cable TV, no less — against a creditable contender?
- The 26 year old Verhoeven last defeated an old foe in Errol Zimmerman at GLORY 19 in Feburary, and the 30 year old Adegbuyi is on a nine-fight winning streak, so both should have a little momentum and seem around the prime of their careers.
- Also returning to action is “Black Warrior” Zack Mwekassa, an all-action fighter who enjoyed a strong showing in a light heavyweight tournament last year at GLORY 18.
- A lightweight tournament is also on tap. Watch out for former GLORY lightweight champion Davit Kira, of Georgia, against Thailand’s Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong, in the first round.
The action will be carried on Spike TV at 4 pm ET/PT in the US — so set that DVR!