Leonard Garcia may have been cut by the UFC due to a five fight losing streak, but the featherweight has earned a plethora of fans during his run with the promotion, as a result of his rugged style and personality. So, when Garcia recently told MMAFighting.com that he believed World Series of Fighting and Bellator were interested in his services, it seemed completely plausible. Right? (Although Garcia did reportedly say he wasn’t too keen on Bellator as he wants to get back to the UFC).
Well, according to Bellator bossman Bjorn Rebney, not only is the promotion not looking to sign the 33 year-old “Bad Boy”, but he has told MMAJunkie.com someone has been going around, pretending to represent Bellator and SPIKE. Okay, what’s that now?
Rebney was quoted saying that “with all due respect” towards Garcia, the promotion “had no interest in signing him”, before adding:
“What we’ve heard over the last two to three days is that apparently there are some people out there calling gyms and calling managers claiming to be recruiters of talent for Spike and Bellator.”
Now, either this has got to be some huge misunderstanding, or someone out there really needs to find a new hobby and stop imitating Rebney. Since then, Garcia has officially signed with Legacy FC and is expected to debut on the July 19 card.
Photo Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports